RECIPE: Scotch fillet steaks with Thai flavours
- 4 x scotch fillet steaks
- 1 tbsp mild Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp sweet Thai chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 punnet fresh whole baby corn
- 1 punnet snow peas
- 1 small red onion
- juice of one lime
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp fish sauce
1. Season the steaks lightly with salt. Combine the curry paste, chilli sauce and oil. Brush mixture over both sides of each steak.
2. Preheat the barbecue flat-plate or char-grill plate to hot before adding the steaks. Cook on one side until the first sign of moisture appears. Turn steaks once only. Test the steaks for degree of doneness with tongs. Rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm.
3. Remove steaks from heat, loosely cover with foil and rest steaks for 5 minutes before serving. While steaks are resting steam or microwave the baby corn and snow peas until vivid in colour but still crisp. Toss with the red onion and the combined lime juice, soy, sesame oil and fish sauce. Serve the steaks with corn and snow peas.