RECIPE: Barbecued Tasmanian Salmon with apple and wombok salad
- 4 Salmon Skin On Portions
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 small wombok (Chinese cabbage), shredded
- 2 Pink Lady apples, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (35g) slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Spray salmon with oil. Season. Cook for 2-3 mins each side or until cooked to your liking.
Meanwhile, combine the wombok, apple, parsley, spring onion and almonds in a large bowl.
Whisk the oil, juice, tahini and honey in a small bowl. Season. Add half the dressing to the salad. Toss to combine.
Arrange the salad on a large serving platter. Top with the salmon. Drizzle the salmon and salad with the remaining dressing. Serve sprinkled with the sesame seeds.